So I missed October Unprocessed again. I found out about it about October 27th, which is about the time I came across it last year. But let’s not kid ourselves…I had a newborn to care for this year. I’ve made myself a note for next year because I WILL be participating in some fashion or another. It’s so right up my alley.
So in the spirit of OU, I want to challenge you to make your Thanksgiving meal a little less processed.
- My mom uses several cans of “cream of” soups for her Thanksgiving preparations. Here’s a great substitute.
- There’s also the store-bought whipped topping for the top of the pumpkin pie. It’s so easy and delicious to make your own whipped cream.
- Instead of canned vegetables, use frozen if you can’t find fresh.
- Make your own broth/stock.
- I know there’s nothing like those rings around the canned cranberry sauce straight out of the can, but there are great alternatives for that as well (Martha’s got your back).
Here are a few of my favorite bloggers who share the same mentality as me when it comes to making things from scratch. I bet you could find some great ways to make delicious switch outs from these ladies!
Happy [Unprocessed] Thanksgiving!