eat/make/do : Try New Things
Today’s roundup has new-to-me tastes, skills, and ideas.
- I have my eye on these two recipes from Epicurious: Thai Shrimp Halibut Curry and Tahini Cumin Roasted Carrots. They both sound so yummy. I’m always looking for more ways to incorporate curry and tahini in my dishes at home.
- E and I eat veggie sushi at home pretty often (see photo above), and I just love this sushi party idea.
- I would love to go to culinary school someday, but I have no idea what I’d follow it up with. I’ve always said my only downfall would be butchering. I am very anxious and uncomfortable while I’m breaking down meat. I was shredding some chicken one day from a split breast, and Mr. J asked me if I was in pain because I was grimacing so much. Here’s a good guide to butchering a chicken that I am keeping for reference when I’m feeling inspired/brave.
- I love getting the Brain Pickings emails every week. It’s like exercise for your brain…not a feeling I’ve had much since leaving college finals behind. Sign up today, and we can discuss. Kinda like book club?
- I haven’t listened to a podcast in a while, but this one from Alton Brown just might get me back in the habit. I’m a huge fan!
- A post about heirloom recipes? That’s got my name written all over it…thoughts on oatmeal by digthischick: